JOINT PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
February 24, 2021 at 9:00 AM
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN
GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT AREA 14 MEETING
The Groundwater Management Area 14 Meeting will begin at 9:00 A.M.
Click the following link to register for Groundwater Management Area 14 – February 24, 2021 Meeting: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8339631182398941456
Once the registration is completed, an email will be sent with information on logging into the meeting and/or phone numbers and access codes to dial into the meeting should you wish to attend by telephone.
*Please choose one method or the other to join to avoid audio feedback*
Note: Participation via video conference is not required. If you wish to address the Board, during the public comment period, please fill out and submit the online speaker registration form. You may also register as a speaker at the beginning of the meeting. Registration as a speaker will require providing (1) first and last name; (2) email address; and (3) phone number. Any person participating in the meeting must be recognized and identified by the Chairman each time they speak.
Go To Webinar Information:
GMA 14 Speaker Registration Form:
NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING / AGENDA
GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT AREA 14
JOINT PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
February 24, 2021 AT 9:00 A.M.
Notice is hereby given to all interested members of the public that a meeting of the Groundwater Management Area 14 Joint Planning Committee, comprised of representatives from the following groundwater conservation districts located wholly or partially within Groundwater Management Area 14: Bluebonnet GCD, Brazoria County GCD, Lone Star GCD, Lower Trinity GCD, and Southeast Texas GCD will hold a regular public meeting via audio and video conference call pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.125, and as modified by the Governor of Texas who ordered suspension of various provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code, effective March 16, 2020, in accordance with the Texas Disaster Act of 1975 (see the Governor's proclamation on March 13, 2020, certifying that the COVID-19 pandemic poses an imminent threat of disaster and declaring a state of disaster for all counties in Texas).
The items of business to be considered and transacted during the meeting are as follows:
1. Call to order;
2. Confirmation of receipt of posted notices;
3. Welcome and Introductions;
4. Public comment;
5. Discussion and possible action to approve minutes of January 20, 2021 GMA 14 Joint Planning Meeting;
6. Update from Texas Water Development Board and discussion of any related items of interest to GMA 14;
Meeting will be convened as a meeting of the GMA 14 Joint Planning Interlocal Agreement Participants.
7. Review and discuss all previously considered elements of Chapter 36.108 (d) (1-9) as they relate to the current DFC cycle and GAMs being considered as potentially proposed DFCs;
8. Discussion and possible action regarding the DFCs and the path forward for GMA 14 to accomplish statutory mandates for Round 3 Joint Planning;
9. GMA 14 Interlocal Agreement financial report;
GMA 14 Interlocal Agreement Participants meeting will be adjourned, and the meeting of the GMA 14 District Representatives will reconvene.
10. Discussion, consideration, and possible action to propose for adoption DFCs for the relevant aquifers within GMA 14;
11. Discussion and possible action regarding next meeting date, location, and agenda items;
12. Meeting Adjourned.
Comments concerning any aspect of this meeting should be directed to Mr. John Martin of the Southeast Texas Groundwater Conservation District, P.O. Box 1407, Jasper, TX 75951; email@example.com, or (409) 383-1577.
Come to hand and posted on a Bulletin Board in the Courthouse, County, Texas, on this, the day of January, 2021/February 2021.
GMA 14 Planning Group
These public meetings are available to all persons regardless of disability. If you require special assistance to attend the meeting please contact the Southeast Texas Groundwater Conservation District, (409) 383-1577, at least three working days prior to the meeting, so that appropriate arrangements can be made.