Southeast Texas Groundwater
NOTICE is given that the Board of Directors of the Southeast Texas Groundwater Conservation District will hold a public hearing and monthly board meeting on Thursday June 10, 2021 starting at 9:30 a.m., at the Jasper County Courthouse Annex Building, Emergency Operations Center (2nd floor), at 271 East Lamar, Jasper, Texas 75951 in accordance with the Texas Open Meeting Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code or (as amended).
Public / Evidentiary Hearing 9:30 a.m.
NOTICE is given that the Southeast Texas Groundwater Conservation District (“District”) will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday June 10, 2021 at 9:30 a.m., at the Jasper County Courthouse Annex Building, Emergency Operations Center (2nd floor), at 271 East Lamar, Jasper, Texas 75951. The Public Hearing will be to hear comments on the request of Westview Investments for a drilling and operating permit for a well to be located at 15724 FM 421, Kountze, TX.
The permit application can be reviewed at the District Office at 271 E. Lamar, Jasper, TX 75951. Further information can also be obtained by contacting the District at P.O. Box 1407, Jasper, Texas 75951; phone number (409) 383-1577.
1. Open public hearing;
2. Receive public comments and evidence; and
3. Close public hearing.
Regular Board Meeting (to begin immediately after the close of the public hearing):
The items of business to be considered, discussed, and acted on during the meeting are as follows:
1. Call to order;
2. Public comment;
3. Discussion and possible action to approve the minutes of the May 13, 2021 Board meeting;
4. Discussion and possible action on the monthly Treasurer’s Report and approval of payables presented;
5. Discussion, consideration and possible action regarding District investment funds;
6. Discussion and possible action regarding Westview Investments’ request for drilling and operating permits, for a proposed new non-exempt well to be located at 15724 FM 421, Kountze, TX;
7 Presentation of spring 2021 observation well static water level data;
8. Manager’s Report, to include: update on GMA 14, cybersecurity training, and drought conditions;
9. Establish date, time and place of next meeting; and;
10. Meeting adjourned.
These public meetings are available to all persons regardless of disability. If you require special assistance to attend the meeting please contact the Southeast Texas Groundwater Conservation District, (409) 383-1577, at least three working days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
John M. Martin