Southeast Texas Groundwater
NOTICE is given that the Board of Directors of the Southeast Texas Groundwater Conservation District will hold a public hearing and monthly board meeting on Thursday September 14, 2023 starting at 10:00 a.m., at the Jasper County Courthouse Annex Building, Emergency Operations Center (2nd floor), at 271 East Lamar, Jasper, Texas 75951 in accordance with the Texas Open Meeting Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code or (as amended).
Regular Board Meeting
The items of business to be considered and transacted during the meeting are as follows:
1. Call to order;
2. Public comment;
3. Discussion and possible action to approve the minutes of the July 13, 2023 Board meeting;
4. Discussion and possible action regarding the monthly Treasurer’s Report and approval of payables presented;
5. Update, discussion and possible action regarding re-investment of CDs at Education First that matured on July 22, 2023;
6. Discussion/update regarding recently issued operating permits, including Blue Topaz Utilities (f/k/a Water Necessities), Trecora Hydrocarbons, and Energy Transfer;
7. Discussion and possible action regarding potential changes to the District’s Rules including but not limited to Management Plan item 4.2(1) – “Evaluation of the District’s Rules to determine whether any amendments are recommended to decrease the amount of waste of groundwater within the District;
8. Manager’s Report to include: Update regarding City of Newton’s new/replacement well, update regarding Dennis Holmes, update regarding Chris Tyre and Clear Sky Investments, update on SB 2052, TML risk policy increases, TX Health Benefits (f/k/a TML Employee Benefits) policy increase, TAGD conference, and drought conditions;
9. Establish date, time and place of next meeting; and
10. Meeting adjourned.
These public meetings are available to all persons regardless of disability. If you require special assistance to attend the meeting please contact the Southeast Texas Groundwater Conservation District, (409) 383-1577, at least three working days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.