GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT AREA 14
JOINT PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
As required by Section 36.108(e), Texas Water Code, a meeting of the Groundwater Management Area 14 Joint Planning Committee, comprised of representatives from the following groundwater conservation districts located wholly or partially within Groundwater Management Area 14: Bluebonnet GCD, Brazoria County GCD, Lone Star GCD, Lower Trinity GCD, and Southeast Texas GCD—will be held on Thursday October 26, 2023 beginning at 9:30 A.M. at the Barnhill Center, 111 West Main Street, Brenham, TX 77833
The items of business to be considered and transacted during the meeting are as follows:
1. Call to order;
2. Confirmation of receipt of posted notices;
3. Welcome and introductions;
4. Public comment;
5. Discussion and possible action to approve minutes of the May 23, 2023 GMA 14 Joint Planning Meeting;
6. Update from Texas Water Development Board (TWDB)and discussion of any related items of interest to GMA 14;
7. Discussion and possible action to appoint GMA 14 Member as alternate representative to the Region H Water Planning Group;
8. Review, discuss and consider member district management plans as required by Chapter 36.108(c);
9. Presentation, by William Hutchison, Ph.D., P.E., P.G., discuss and possible action regarding measured and simulated drawdowns in GMA 14 (DFC Comparison);
10. Presentation, by Phillip Taucer, P.E., regarding MAG Peak Factor methodology and GMA/RWPG coordination;
11. Update from the TWDB regarding the status of the GULF-2023 Model;
12. Discussion and possible action regarding the DFCs and the path forward for GMA 14 including possible action regarding opportunities for GMA 14 to update the Gulf 2023 Model including preparing a draft scope of work;
13. Discussion and possible action regarding next meeting date, location, and agenda items;
14. Meeting Adjourned.
Comments concerning any aspect of this meeting should be directed to Mr. John Martin of the Southeast Texas Groundwater Conservation District, P.O. Box 1407, Jasper, TX 75951; [email protected], or (409) 383-1577.
Come to hand and posted on a Bulletin Board in the Courthouse, County, Texas, on this, the day of October, 2023.
John Martin, Chairman
GMA 14 Planning Group
These public meetings are available to all persons regardless of disability. If you require special assistance to attend the meeting please contact the Southeast Texas Groundwater Conservation District, (409) 383-1577, at least three working days prior to the meeting, so that appropriate arrangements can be made.